Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy AUSTRALIA Day!

Happy Australia Day! For yesterday. I know, it's late, and I don't have a good enough excuse. But I did have an absolutely awesome day yesterday. Just going out to the South Perth foreshore... with a heap of wonderful people... sitting there admiring the view of Perth city and the Swan River... eating good food... chatting and sharing experiences... walking proudly with an Aussie shirt, cap, cape and tattoos... singing and waving my arms in the air... standing to sing the national anthem whilst feeling so thankful for the beautiful free country I live in... watching the amazing Skyshow fireworks display... the bright colours lighting the sky, the loud bangs sounding across the river, the looks of awe on the kids faces next to us... celebrating love and family... thinking of all the people in Albany, knowing that in Australia we are one big family and knowing that I'll be 'home' soon... and just simply enjoying wonderful company and the fact that I am Australian!!

And just to add some randomness here's a photo I took of Perth city a couple nights ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment