Friday, January 7, 2011

Homesick

Being bored isn't such a great thing... At the moment it tends to make me homesick. Yes, I'm sitting at home on the computer. But it still doesn't quite feel like home... So at times I still long for the beautiful place just 400km south... for the comfort and people of my hometown Albany. So here's just a little list of the things I miss the most... mainly for my own thoughts and trying to get over it all!!

- All the amazing people who made my life so interesting... There are way too many to mention by name, but I love you all, you don't know how much I miss you!
- Coming home to a clean house (yes this house is still in some shambles)...
- Driving home and seeing the mountains in the distance and the kangaroos in the paddock by the side of the road...
- Going for beach walks, just because I could and the beach was only 10 minutes away...
- Taking photos of the amazing views to be offered... and knowing where they all are
- Playing cricket on the front driveway because there was lots of room
- Driving to work at 5:45 in the morning... yes a very strange thing to miss
- Knowing where everything is, never needing a map or gps
- The smell of fresh rain... here the rain smells horrible, boy I miss the country. And yes, I do know what the rain smells like here, because it rained a couple days ago. To think I got away from it...

And that's just the start of the list. But then again, the optimistic side of me thinks that a swimming pool in the backyard, warm weather and blue skies, new opportunities and experiences, no job pressure and sleepins are pretty good. So whilst it is difficult, I am trying to make the most of some of these things...

No comments:

Post a Comment