Friday, January 14, 2011

A Week to Remember

What a week! I am sitting here rather exhausted, but with an abosultely fantastic week behind me! It's feeling so much more like home here in Byford, and I'm not quite so homesick thanks to some great friends, busy days and enjoying myself on many occassions.


Ten-pin bowling... out to dinner... new bed... hanging picture frames... catching up with friends... swimming in the pool... getting lots of teaching resources for free... reading a whole book (actually an accomplishment for me!)... going to the cricket... seeing 2 streakers and one that got to the middle of the ground and started dancing... simply relaxing and doing nothing... shopping...


To think that I could have such a great week, when for many the week was one of devastation and loss. I am truly blessed. My sympathy goes out to all who have been affected by the floods and fires that have shaken the lives of many. May they also see God's hand and work in this. I also hope that the recovery process goes smoothly and that everyone may feel the spirit of Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment