Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thoughts

I cannot help but post my thoughts for all the people in Queensland. Going through two tragedies just weeks apart is so devastating and humbling. We truly have an awesome God. I particularly reflect on the fact that at this point in time there have been no fatalities reported from Cyclone Yasi and we can only stand in thankfulness and awe at our great Creator.

Last night I continued to look up ABC News updates, hoping for more information, hoping to see some of the trauma and effects people were going through, hoping to catch a glimpse of the fierce winds. But why was I wanting to see devastation so to speak? It is strange when considering that I was hoping to read news, to see shocking vidoes and photos. Why? I don't know. But I do know that reflecting on that fact has made me see how prone we are to pride and selfishness. Maybe next time I can spare more than a thought for the people affected by these so called natural disasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment