Thursday, August 30, 2012

I Smell Like Oil

Yep. That's right. My hands, my clothes, my hair...... I smell like wonderful cooking oil. But hey, it was worth it. Today I decided to take my cooking to a whole new level and try out a Masterchef recipe that I saw recently and really wanted to taste. So, seeing as today wasn't a very busy day (in terms of what business busy-ness means to me at the moment, anyway) I cooked it for dinner. And made an absolute oily mess of the kitchen, which I will add, I DID clean up. As a result I got a little oily despite my brilliant plan to wear an apron. Perhaps next time I should wear a full-body suit or something...... ;)

That aside, I was so busy cooking and then eating that I didn't take photos of my amazing concoction :(. But I'll share the recipe (not like it's my top secret or anything) here for you to peek at, and maybe even give it a go yourself. This was something I hadn't tried before, and although I made some slight alterations, it kinda turned out similar. I'm not a fan of fish, but I don't mind squid, and this was pretty nice. Even the pickled onions were DELICIOUS. The best thing was that I even managed to make mayonnaise from scratch and it worked. Anyways, it tasted amazing, so next time you're wondering what to cook, here's a suggestion. There's even a photo on there (bonus!).


1101_512x288.jpg


http://www.masterchef.com.au/recipes/lime-and-chilli-squid-with-herb-and-pickled-onion-salad-and-lime-aioli.htm

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment