Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Teacher's Mind at 3pm

As I sit here, there's 23 kids in red shirts sitting in front of me. They're busy practising their keyboarding skills, and I can't help but sit here and think about how this deserves a blog post. Somehow, I'm here in front of a class of lovely students. I'm in neat clothes, in charge, and so happy. There's a faint smell of sweaty children, grass and tennis balls wafting through the room, but rosy cheeks and sun-kissed smiles to go with it. We've all got a computer in front of us, there's a soft murmur of friendly chatter, and the sun is shining outside. I'm only 20min away from my next cup of tea, I'm halfway through my planning for tomorrow, and my students are not even half-excited about the swag of work they're doing tomorrow... :) You can't expect much more than this at 3 in the afternoon. I'm doing what I love, and I'm in love with it. Teaching rocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment