Monday, April 30, 2012

My Car Part 3

Today I rang the mechanic. And yes, I blew a (or the?) head gasket on my car. Badly. How bad, he doesn't know until he takes a look (which will cost lots of $$$ just to have a look), but bad enough to say that it seriously overheated and doesn't look good. So basically at the least he'll need to have a look at the car's head (weird, but that's what they call it), fix/replace the gasket, fix/replace the radiator, and then check if there's damage in the bottom of the engine too, which is also a possibility. But he won't know more about that until he takes the head off, and I'm not quite prepared to spend lots of money just to see if there's more damage. That said, he also mentioned that should I get it fixed, there's no guarantee the car will work all that well afterwards any way, because it could start burning oil etc, but again he won't know that until it's fixed and I start driving it again. Which probably won't happen... All in all, adding in the back windscreen, it adds up to over $2000 plus tires plus suspension etc. Probably not worth it. So, at this stage, I think (or know but don't want to admit it just quite yet) that I need a new car. 

Just in case you wanted to know, that's the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment