Tuesday, December 27, 2011

One Year On

I'm not sure if I believe it yet, but today marks one year since I waved goodbye and drove away from an empty house into somewhat the unknown- to a new home, a new town, a new church, and a new life to look forward to. It was a crazy year. A fun year. An inspiring year. An amazing year. It is with great thanks to God that I can say that. He has richly blessed me with a fantastic year full of opportunities and adventures. It is incredible to think back to those days when I left Albany, when I was homesick and in need of a beach... and then to think about how far I've come since then, and the 'new' life I've started.

I'm not really sure how I've moved from the apprehension that comes with stepping out of routines within a comfort zone, to still being in routines (albeit somewhat different) in a new (albeit somewhat similar) comfort zone. But then I think to the care and guidance of my heavenly Father, and can see that this past year has proven that change and difference isn't so hard when you have a faithful Saviour guiding every step. How wonderful is God's unfailing Word- He will work all things for my good. He was the One who helped me face those initial fears, who has given me the strength and courage to face new beginnings, who has placed beautiful people on my path, who has been with me each step of the way. I honestly feel that God has truly blessed the decision to move, and this is such a wonderful comfort. I have been able to grow closer to my God, by trusting His guidance and plan for me. I have been able to personally grow in self-esteem and confidence. I have met some great people and become part of a new church community. I have been able to form and continue relationships with amazing friends. I have been able to enjoy university campus life, studying, and prac. I have been able to find jobs and enjoy my work. And there's more.

Of course there are people and things that I still miss from Albany. I said I would come down lots to visit, and for that I apologise; I guess once isn't really lots. But somewhere, life moves on. I am still able to keep contact with friends and loved ones, and I have managed to see a few people up here in Perth too :) And maybe, dare I suggest it, you'll have to come up here (bring me some Dylans!) to visit... :) I guess somewhere Albany will always be my hometown, but thanks to God's guidance and wonderful friends I still live at home. So, for all those that read my blog and have contributed in some way, thank you. Thanks for helping me find my feet, for being such wonderful support, for helping me feel at home, and for simply being there (if I needed you or not, both were appreciated).

I can't really believe it. The year went so fast. But in another way, the many, many things which I've been able to do and achieve is also astounding. There are many memories made in this past year that will be treasured forever. Hopefully many more in store for the future. And so life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment