Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve



It's Christmas Eve. An evening to ponder on the great riches we have through the humbling birth of our Saviour. Tonight we celebrate an extraordinary birth; a birth which allows us to celebrate every day and receive rich gifts of salvation and life. Tonight, Santa isn't going to visit my place. But I don't mind. Because tonight is more special than a bearded man in a red suit. Tonight is all about the birth of my Saviour. I don't need presents, because I have all the gifts I need. I don't need songs about jingle bells and sleighs, because I will sing about a true Christmas eve. How wonderful, that God has visited His people. He is our Emmanuel. So come all you faithful, who have seen the glorious light, and worship your servant king. Sing of our awesome God; sing glory to God in the highest; sing as the herald angels; and sing because away in a manger, in royal David's city, a child was born. And He was called Jesus, for He saves us from our sins.
O Holy Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment