Thursday, October 20, 2011

Stealing, Thankfulness, and Trust

Today I was reminded once again of the small things. Small things in life which make a huge difference. One of the teachers at my prac school, who is close friends with the teacher in my class, had her USB flash drive stolen. Big deal right? Well, it was in her computer, on her desk, while she was teaching, with lots of kids in the classroom, and it disappeared. It becomes a big deal when a year's worth of planning, programming, marking, results etc are on that usb. If it isn't a lesson in trust, then it's a lesson in backing up work to various places. But at the same time, I could feel the panic and distraught emotion of that teacher- can you imagine all your year's work gone?!? All those marks that you'll never get back, five weeks before reports are due... All those programs and lessons that you spent hours planning... The value of that little usb was much more then her $150 purse and its contents.

Times like these make you thankful for trust. There are so many people in my life that I can trust. I can trust them with secrets. I can trust them with my property. I can trust that they care and love. But most of all I can trust my heavenly Father- He is the greatest one to confide in, to tell my secrets, to look to for care and love. He gives me my possessions, and blesses me with so much more than I need. And all the work that I've done will be blessed by Him. That's a pretty wonderful thought in this broken world.

The teacher got her usb back undamaged. Something she was very grateful for. But now there will always be a rift between her and the student who will now need to pay the consequences for her irresponsible and disrespectful actions. The trust isn't there- and now my class also has to be more careful and wary with valuables. Something small can make a huge difference in life- in the way we deal with one another, in our relationships with people, and in the way we treat our possessions and valuable property. And so I am thankful for trustworthy people. I hope and pray that I may be a trustworthy person, and that my relationships with everyone can continue to be based on mutual respect and trust. I pray that despite the sin that is so prevalent in this world, God's Name will continue to be revered through my relationships with others.

I am thankful for the promises of God, and that He will always be reliable. I can confide everything in Him, a forgiving and gracious God! The sacrifice of Christ is and must continue to be treasured and valued far beyond anything of this world. It is worth far more than a year's programs and marks. For nothing will seperate us from His love, from His protection, from His gracious care, from His saving grace. Nothing can steal that from me. And that's the greatest riches of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment