Friday, July 22, 2011

9 Fruits

9 Fruits? That's a lot of fibre!!! Yes it is. But I will stay away from the temptation (for now at least) to write a post all about fruit, in the sense of apples and oranges anyway. But I do want to write about our diet, our growth, our appearance, and our environment.

Today I was driving. No surprises there, that happens a lot. But one ad on the radio, actually make that a conversation on the radio shortly afterward, got me thinking. The ad was for an organisation called 9 Fruits, and don't ask me much more about it because I can't remember the ad that well. But the radio hosts' conversation went from a joke about eating 9 fruits a day to reinstating how it was talking about the 9 fruits of the Spirit.

So that gave me just a little bit of inspiration. You can call that a surprise, for somehow I don't think it happens all that often. Anyways, I decided that I must use that inspiration. Think about it. Tell it. And perhaps inspire others.
Hence, over the next few weeks I intend to blog about the 9 fruits of the Spirit... There have been many books written and many sermons delivered about these fruits, I'm sure. Nevertheless my aim is to search and discover for myself the riches we have, the opportunities we are given, and the life we should live, in relation to '9 Fruits'.

So, my opening reflective question is:
Compare yourself to an apple. Are you shiny on the outside but rotten at the core or bitter under the skin? Do you cling to your only source of life or do you hang loose, as close to the edge as you can? Do you recognise and take in the nutrients you are given, or do you live life on your own? How do you view the environment you live in?

No comments:

Post a Comment